VIRTUAL- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Treatment with Adolescents Day 2
SEARCH Trainings and Events
Date: October 14th and 15th
Training: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm- BOTH DAYS
You must attend both days to get the complete training and credit
THIS WILL BE A VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING. PLEASE REGISTER TO RECEIVE THE ZOOM LOGIN CREDENTIALS.
This 6-hour training is designed for beginning to mid-level experienced clinicians as well as direct care staff to improve their skills concerning their work with adolescents who struggle with a trauma history as well as substance use issues.
The core content includes adolescent developmental stages (social, emotional and cognitive), defining trauma, emotional and behavioral traits displayed by those who have experienced trauma, the relationship of trauma and substance use, trauma-informed and trauma-specific best practices within the milieu or therapeutic relationship and coping with secondary trauma and burnout.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to
- Educate participants about the impact of trauma and mental illness and develop an enhanced understanding of trauma's impact on cognitive, social and behavioral functioning in adolescents
- Identify symptoms of trauma as they relate to an individual’s physiological, cognitive, emotional and belief systems
- Provide training and technical assistance to the audience to create trauma-informed environments and care
- Assist staff in identifying and utilizing hands-on, trauma-informed strategies within the milieu
- Assess staff's abilities concerning trauma-related incidents and motivate staff to approach incidents in a trauma-informed manner
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.