the Amplifying Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Operationalizing Theory Into Practice
This training is designed for those in the field of substance addiction prevention, treatment and recovery who have already completed thorough diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) awareness training. This training will provide tools for putting awareness into action at the organizational level. Day 1 will focus on internal organizational practices and day 2 will focus on external practices. Participants will leave with increased awareness, tools for amplifying DEI within their organization and strategies for dismantling the barriers that impede DEI. As with all Human In Common trainings, this event will provide opportunities for practice using our “how to” guides and templates with scenarios and case studies for practice.
Upon the conclusion of this training the participant will be able to:
- Participants will be able to identify the history of substance addiction as it relates to the inhibitors of DEI
- Participants will be able to identify biased language in the field of substance addiction that inhibits DEI
- Participants will be able to identify internal and external organizational practices that are barriers to DEI
- Participants will learn to center a DEI mission into events and activities within their organization
- Participants will learn internal practices to create cultures of respect, appreciation, inclusion and equity
- Participants will leave with concrete tools to bring back to their workplaces
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.
American Society of Addiction Medicine CME calendar